well a lot of people viewed the blog post where i asked you to ask me questions and i would answer them. since i got zero comments i can assume that a) you already know everything you wanna know or b) you just don't care. so i have decided to pose some questions of my own to my readers. let's see if any of you will answer. you don't have to answer all of them--just the one or two that interest you.
1. is celebrating your birthday an arrogant thing to do?
2. as a classroom teacher, how should i deal with some of the kids getting special treatment? i know we're not all equal, but shouldn't we all have to follow the same rules?
3. why is obtaining a passport such a complicated thing?
4. what do you do when you have a medical problem and you or the doctor don't know why it is happening?
5. how do you talk to your children about death/dying? how do you comfort them and remain realistic at the same time?
6. why do you read my blog?
7. how do you know you're making the right decision when you're making it? why does it take so long to find out if you did the right thing?
that's all i have. hopefully some of you will step up and say something...

2 comments:
1. Well everyone is going to say “no”. They want everyone to give them gifts and not have to give much of anything in return. They want a party thrown in their honor even they did not take any action to deserve it (their mom did). They want to pick the restaurant and for everyone to pay special attention to them. Wait, doesn’t all that sound pretty damn arrogant?
2. You are bigger than they are. You are the boss no matter what. They do what you tell them to do. It they don’t at first, you cannot let them win. Send them a message up front that you are in control. They do what you tell them to do.
3. Religious based hatred: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lKZqqSI9-s
4. Get a second opinion. My opinion is that it is a mind controlling parasite and must be amputated.
5. Be honest. Think about his feelings, considering his age. Nothing lasts forever. Remember the good times. Enjoy your time now. And the people in his life now. Maybe get him to focus on something else. If he wants to talk about it, be sure to listen first and understand his thoughts towards the subject. Then you can react to it.
6. Sometimes I am not sure since you post it on the internet, and then don’t want to talk about it. That does not make sense to me.
7. Maybe that relates to what we were talking about recently: “Living in the moment”. Neither one of us seemed to fully understand the statement. But wanted to learn.
M
1. I sure hope not because I always celebrate mine!! Any reason to have a celbration is a good thing!!
2. I would do my best to make sure the other children have that feeling of being special. Just remember those who are getting special treatment are not going to get ahead in life, in fact they will be beind....BUT you have control of making all the children in your class feel special at different times.
3. The Government is insane.....
4. Find a new doctor...
5. My nieces and I were watching Lion King a few weekends ago. Bristyn became very upset when Mufasa died. I had to actually take her out and talk to her for a bit because she was crying and crying. I did not expect to have to be in a postion like that but I was in it. It was cheesy but I explained the circle of life. The Lion King is a GREAT, GREAT, GREAT way to talk to your child about death.
6. Because I love you and this is a great way to keep up with you!!
7. Whatever decision you make is the right decision in that moment. If you need to change something about your actions later than you can do that but the key is taking ownership of the first decision and learn from it. Example....It was my decsion to eat that cookie at lunch because of that I need to workout extra hard at the gym tonight. It was my decsion to eat the cookie, I enjoyed it and now I am going to make sure I take care of the decsion I made....
Post a Comment